Our weekly news wrap-up on the emerging drone ecosystem in India will give you an insight into the training, skill development, capacity building, technology and industry updates. Apart from keeping you updated, the news snippets from the drone ecosystem could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week from the drone ecosystem in India
Updates from the drone ecosystem in India
- Telangana will establish two new aerospace parks. According to Praveen PA, Director of Telangana Aviation and Defence, the first proposed park is in Eliminedu, near Ibrahimpatnam, and the second is yet to be finalised.
- The government has launched a subsidy program that would pay 50% of the price of a drone, up to Rs 5 lakh. On drones acquired exclusively for farming purposes, farmers will receive financial support.
- A drone flying demonstration using 4G technology from Urban Matrix, a Bengaluru-based startup in the drone industry, made history.
- On November 14, 2022, a trial run of transporting apple boxes with the use of a drone was completed in Nichar village of Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Syngenta India completed a drone yatra across 13 states and 17,000 km in order to carry out a major farmer outreach program across India and educate farmers about the use of drones in farming activities.
- The Tamil Nadu government has identified two unused airstrips for the building of a drone hub. In order to establish its facilities, they are contacting both national and international companies.
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M K Stalin announced that the state has released an aerospace and defence industry policy with the aim of getting 75,000 crores in investments over a ten-year period.
- To develop, produce, and test drone, counter-drone, and related technologies for the Indian Navy indigenously, the Indian Navy and the Drone Federation of India have partnered together.
- In Himachal Pradesh, Skye Air Mobility and Vegrow conducted a three-day drone delivery demonstration to carry over 100 kg of apples from fields to the Vegrow Hub.
- To centralize the use and management of drones, UrbanMatrix developed a software called MatrixCC.
- The Chhattisgarh government signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) at the Chhattisgarh Business Summit 2022 to establish an ethanol production plant, as well as a drone and UAV manufacturing unit.
- To help raise awareness of red zones and provide guidance for law enforcement agencies, NASSCOM requested the government to create a standard operating procedure (SOP).
- By the beginning of 2023, the electric vehicle manufacturer Omega Seiki Mobility intends to introduce drone-mounted electric trucks. The detachable drones will be powered by electricity and manufactured in India.
- On November 25, 2022, Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha inaugurated the Drone Technology Center at Tripura Institute of Technology (TIT) in Agartala.
- Under the supervision of Prof. Nazir Ahmad Ganai, Vice Chancellor (V.C.) SKUAST Kashmir, the Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) held the first-ever agricultural drone demonstration ceremony on November 27, 2022.
Also read: Weekly news wrap-up on the emerging drone ecosystem in India – 16112022 https://dronefluence.com/weekly-news-wrap-up-on-the-emerging-drone-ecosystem-in-india-16112022/
The news snippets are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving drone industry in India.
If any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.